This recipe blends the best of a “pick me up” Italian Tiramisu with a classic French crepe for a delectable dessert.
Like this recipe? Check out our upcoming baking classes!
Chefs at Massine’s Cooking School. REAL chefs! Real FUN!
Coffee Rum Crêpes Batter:
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ cup milk
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1 tablespoon rum
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Oil for cooking
1. In a bowl, combine flour and sugar.
2. Then, whisk the eggs into the center and add milk gradually.
3. Add coffee and rum. Mix in butter and let stand for one hour.
4. Heat a non-stick pan and add butter.
5. Pour in 1/4 cup of dough.
6. Tilt the pan in all directions to cover the bottom.
7. Cook on both sides. Let cool.
3 eggs, separated
2 tablespoons water
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mascarpone
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1. Place egg yolks and water in a small saucepan over low heat
2. Stir constantly until thick, coats the back of spoon and reaches 160 F.
3. Place over ice to cool.
4. In another bowl combine brown sugar, vanilla extract and cooled egg yolks.
5. Beat in mascarpone and set aside.
6. In a double boiler place eggs whites, white sugar and cream of tartar.
7. Whisk constantly until thermometer reaches 160 F.
8. Pour into a bowl. With an electric mixer, whip to soft peaks.
9. Fold gently into mascarpone
10. After filling is assembled in crepe, sprinkle with cocoa powder.