Have you already mastered gnocchi? Well, here is a recipe for squash gnocchi. Easy to make and freezes well, creating a quick and easy meal on a cold, frosty night.
Now that you are here, why not check out our upcoming cooking classes? Chefs at Massine’s Cooking School. REAL Chefs! Real FUN!
4 medium Russet potatoes, skin on
1 ½ cup all- purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
Dash of nutmeg
I large butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
1 ½ teaspoons PC New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 egg beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Add the potatoes to a pot filled with cold water.
3. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
4. To see when potatoes are cooked, test with a skewer.
5. Drain potatoes and leave to cool.
6. Place squash in pan. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
7. Puree squash with the nutmeg in a blender.
8. Peel the potatoes.
9. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes.
10. Add the squash puree 1 cup at a time to give it colour.
11. In another large bowl, mix the salt and egg with flour.
12. Add potato and squash mixture. Mix until a dough forms.
13. Divide the dough into three equal pieces.
14. Roll each piece into a long rope shape.
15. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces.
16. Dust a fork with a bit of flour.
17. Press fork gently on each side on the gnocchi to mark.
18. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
19. Add the gnocchi and cook 3-4 minutes.
20. Strain before serving with your favourite sauce.