Here is a third type of gnocchi from our recipe collection! Spinach gnocchi.
Get you greens in the most creative of ways.
Check out our upcoming cooking classes! REAL Chefs! Real FUN!
4 medium Russet potatoes, skin on
1 ½ cup all- purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons PC New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 small bag of baby spinach 350g
1 egg beaten
1. Add the potatoes to a pot filled with cold water.
3. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
4. To see when potatoes are cooked, test with a skewer.
5. Drain potatoes and leave to cool.
6. Heat a pan over medium heat. Add olive oil.
7. Sauté spinach until wilted. Allow to cool.
8. Squeeze the water out of the spinach and chop finely.
9. Peel the potatoes.
10. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes;
11. Add spinach until there is enough green colour.
12. In another large bowl, mix the salt and egg with flour.
13. Add potato and spinach mixture until a dough forms.
14. Divide the dough into three equal pieces.
15. Roll each piece into a long rope shape.
16. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces.
17. Dust a fork with a bit of flour.
18. Press fork gently on each side on the gnocchi to mark.
19. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
20. Add the gnocchi and cook 3-4 minutes.
21. Strain before serving with your favourite sauce,