This nourishing fall Pumpkin Soup is a snap to make. We like to serve it with Smoked Paprika Pumpkin Seeds.
Take an ADULT COOKING CLASS with us!
1- 3 pound pumpkin
3 tablespoons PC New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon PC Black Label Cinnamon Spice
2 tablespoons PC New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 medium onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut the pumpkin in half. Remove seeds and save.
- Remove the skin and cut pumpkin into chunks.
- Place pumpkin on a baking pan. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle pumpkin with spices. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, heat the vegetable stock.
- Add the roasted pumpkin to the onions and garlic. Pour over the warm stock.
- Blitz with an immersion blender.
- Serve with sour cream, toasted pumpkin seeds and croutons.