Peach Buttermilk Pancakes
Fresh Ontario peaches are warmed up in this fluffy, delicately spiced pancake batter. Serve with lots of Canadian maple syrup.
Check out our upcoming cooking classes.
Peach Buttermilk Pancakes: Our Recipe
Makes 12 small pancakes
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon PC Black Label Cinnamon Spice
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 ½ cups buttermilk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ teaspoon PC Pure Vanilla Extract
½ cup fresh Ontario peaches, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, butter and vanilla.
3. Using a whisk, add liquid ingredient to dry. Do not over mix.
4. Using a spatula, fold peaches into pancake batter.
5. Preheat a non-stick pan low/medium heat. Add some vegetable oil
6. Add batter to pan, using a ¼ cup of batter per pancake.
7. Cook until small bubbles form on the top of pancakes.
8. Then, flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
9. Serve with maple syrup.