Mini Pumpkin Spice Pies
Mini Pumpkin Spice Pies use the traditional spices this pie is known for, but the flavours are intensified with the addition of maple syrup and rum.
Check out our cooking classes for fall!
Mini Pumpkin Spice Pies: Our Recipe
Makes 36 mini pies
36 mini tart shells
2 cups of plain pumpkin purée (homemade, see below how)
1/4 teaspoon PC Black Label Cinnamon Spice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch of ground cloves
2 pinches of nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 pinch of salt
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup PC 100% Pure Maple Syrup Canada Grade A Amber
2 tablespoons rum
1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup cream 35%
Optional: fresh whipped cream for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Cut the pumpkin into quarters. Remove seeds. Bake in oven until the flesh in soft.
3. Remove flesh with a spoon and purée in a food processor.
4. In a large bowl, combine cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, allspice and salt.
5. Stir in brown sugar, maple syrup, rum and vanilla extract.
6. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Then, stir them into the spice mixture.
7. Stir in cream.
8. Fill the tart shells and bake at for 18-20 minutes.
9. Cool. Serve with whipped cream.