Late Summer Vegetable Stir Fry
This recipe entitled Late Summer Vegetable Stir Fry uses vegetables from late summer and the cusp of fall. It combines Chinese Cabbage, carrots, zucchini and fresh ginger.
Interested in taking an Asian cooking class? Find out what is up and coming at Chefs at Massine’s Cooking School.
Late Summer Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
1 cup Chinese cabbage
1/8 cup PC Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/8 cup PC Organics Pure Toasted Sesame Oil
3 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
¼ cup scallions, sliced
½ cup celery, cut thinly on the diagonal
1/2 cup carrots, cut into rounds
1 cup zucchini, cut into thin rounds
¼ cup bamboo shoots
½ cup PC Organics Vegetable Broth
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ cup cold water, cold
1/3 cup Thai basil, julienne
1/3 cup of chopped cilantro and parsley, roughly chopped
¼ cup sesame seeds
1. Cut off the root end of the Chinese cabbage and separate the leaves.
2. Next, cut out the thick center ribs, then cut them into 2-inch chunks. Set aside
3. Then, shreds the thin leafy parts. Set aside.
4. Heat the olive oil and sesame oil in a wok or large sauté pan.
5. Add the garlic and cook about 15 seconds to flavor the oil, then remove and discard.
6. Then, add the ginger and let cook about 15 seconds.
7. Toss in scallions and cook for 1 minute.
8. Add the cabbage ribs and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes.
9. Add the celery and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes.
10. Add the zucchini and bamboo shoots. Continue to stir-fry for another 1—2 minutes.
11. Add the shredded cabbage. Cook 1 minute and turn off wok or remove pan from heat.
Making the Sauce
1. In a separate pot add the vegetable broth and soy sauce and heat to medium/high heat for 10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch with the cold water.
3. Then stir it, a little at a time to thicken the sauce.
4. Next, bring the sauce to a boil. Remove from heat.
Putting It All Together
1. Add sauce to vegetables.
2. Stir in basil, cilantro and parsley.
3. Finally, sprinkle with sesame seeds