Golden Beet Risotto Recipe!
This recipe for risotto uses pureed golden beets.
Take a cooking class with us!
Golden Beet Risotto
2 cups peeled raw beets, cut into chunks
8 cups PC Organics Vegetable Broth
3 whole pieces of star anise
2 tablespoons PC New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 yellow onion, diced small
4 large garlic cloves, minced
2 cups PC Splendido Arborio Rice
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place golden beets in a food processor and blend until fine. Set aside.
- Lightly simmer the chicken broth and star anise together in a pot.
- Splash the olive oil into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Toss in the onions, garlic and pureed beets. Quickly sauté until golden and fragrant.
- Add the arborio rice and stir continually over medium high heat.
- Continue to cook, until the rice grains transform from pure white to almost entirely opaque.
- Splash in the white wine and stir frequently as the rice quickly absorbs the liquid.
- Reduce your heat to low. Start adding the hot chicken stock in several additions.
- Continue to cook stirring frequently after each addition allowing the rice to absorb the broth.
- Cook the risotto until just tender or al dente.
- Remove star anise from rice.
- To finish stir in the Parmesan and butter. Season with salt and pepper.