Chocolate Raspberry Tart
Our recipe for Chocolate Tart is easy to make by using puff pastry as a crust. The chocolate is mixed with cream to form a ganache (Think: the creamy centre in the middle of a chocolate truffle!). And then, it is poured over raspberries for a scrumptious finale! Check out our upcoming baking classes!
Chocolate Raspberry Tart Recipe
Butter to prepare the mold
1 box PC Butter Puff Pastry, thawed
¾ cups dark chocolate, chopped fine
¾ cups 35% cream
3 tablespoons butter
3 cups raspberries
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Butter a 9- inch tart mold.
3. Place puff pastry in the mold and pick with a fork.
4. Cut parchment paper into a 10- inch round.
5. Place on the bottom of the tart mold.
6. Fill with enough pie weights of dry beans to weight down the parchment paper.
7. Blind back the tart for 15 minutes until colour begins to form.
8. Remove and set on cooling rack.
9. Place chocolate in a bowl.
10. Bring cream to a boil.
11. Pour over chocolate. Slowly whisk until a smooth and become chocolate ganache.
12. Once ganache cools slightly, whisk in butter.
13. Crush raspberries and sugar together.
14. Press through a strainer or fine chinois. Place in tart shell.
15. Pour chocolate over top.
16. Allow tart time to rest so it can set—at least 1 hour.