If you like a super chocolaty gelato, this is the recipe for you. Gelato has less sugar than ice cream and is made with milk instead of cream.
Take and adult cooking class with us. Chefs at Massine’s Cooking School. REAL Chefs. Real FUN!
¾ cup PC Organics European Dark Chocolate, chopped finely
2 cups homogenized milk
5 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Pour the milk over the chocolate. Let set 1 minute and whisk.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and sugar.
- Sift the cocoa powder over the egg mixture and whisk again.
- Whip egg mixture with an electric mixer, until thickened and fluffy.
- Fold the egg mixture into the chocolate until combined.
- Allow gelato mixture to cool.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Process in ice cream maker following manufacturer’s instructions.
Baking and dessert classes are taught on a regular basis. Check us out!