A Recipe for Chili Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Chili Chocolate Spice Cookies take on the spirit of the Mayans who first served chocolate with savoury spices.
Chili Chocolate Chip Spice Cookies
For the Spice Mix:
1 ½ teaspoon chili seeds
1 teaspoon coffee
½ teaspoon anise seeds
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Grind well and set aside
For the Cookies:
1 cup cold butter cut into cubes
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons Spice Mix
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup pure chopped dark chocolate, chopped fine
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F.2. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars, Spice Mix and salt.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Add chocolate chips, chopped chocolate and walnuts. Mix by hand.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add to cookie dough and mix by hand.
- Chill dough for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Scoop dough using a small ice cream scoop. Place on tray leaving space between each
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake 15-18 minutes