Our recipe for Chicken Bacon Grilled Tomato Pasta!
Bring on the meat! This recipe for Chicken Bacon Grilled Tomato Pasta brings protein to the game, with grilled tomatoes. PC Black Label Orecchiette scoops everything together.
Chicken Bacon Grilled Tomato Pasta
2 tablespoon PC New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3 chicken breasts
5 Roma tomatoes
4 garlic cloves minced
¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
1 cup cooked spinach
6 bacon strips, cooked
1 1/3 cup 35/% cream
1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl, place the smoked paprika and Italian seasoning.
- Pour over the olive oil.
- In a large skillet, heat the spiced olive oil.
- Colour chicken, then bake in oven for 20 mins. Cool chicken and cut in strips.
- Heat the grill and score the tomatoes.
- Grill for 5 minutes, turning. Cool and chop.
- Heat a pan, add the garlic and chopped tomatoes and chilli flakes .
- Add spinach, chopped bacon and 1/3 of the cook chicken strips.
- Add the cream and bring to the boil.
- Add the cheese and simmer.
- In a large pot of boiling water add pasta and cook for 8 minutes.
- Strain pasta. Add to the sauce, mix and season to taste.
- Add the remainder of the chicken sliced on top sprinkle with some parmesan cheese.