Apple Chicken Stew Recipes
This recipes is perfect for fall. It gets its flavour from three different apple sources — fresh apples, apple cider and the French favourite from Normandy… Calvados.
Apple Chicken Stew
4 chicken legs cut in 2
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 Cortland apple diced
3 tablespoons Calvados
1 cup apple cider
1 bay leaf
¾ cup 35% cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
12 fingerling potatoes cooked in salted water
3 tablespoons butter
½ bunch parsley, chopped
- Add olive oil to a hot pot and sear chicken until brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In same pot, add onion, then apple to brown.
- Add Calvados and apple cider. Stir
- Add bay leaf and chicken. Simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Strain the cooking liquid and reduce it by half.
- In a bowl mix cream and Dijon mustard together.
- Add the cream mixture and reduce until syrupy texture.
- Cut potatoes and saute in butter. Add chopped parsley.
- Serve chicken covered with sauce and potatoes on the side