Our recipe for Parsley Pesto Minestrone Soup has an extra punch of flavour
Parsley Pesto Minestrone Soup
2 small turnips
1 branch of celery
3 tablespoons PC EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 can PC Blue Menu White Beans
2 container of PC Organics Vegetable Broth
1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Cut the tomatoes, carrots, turnips, celery into small cubes. Slice the onions.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- In a large pot, sauté the onions in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, turnips, garlic and celery. Sauté for 5 minutes more, then add diced tomatoes.
- Add white beans.
- In medium sized pot, heat the broth. Add to vegetable bean mix.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Place in bowls and add parsley pesto
1 bunch of parsley
2 tablespoons of hazelnuts
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the parsley thoroughly.
- Mix together the hazelnuts, parmesan cheese, parsley leaves, half of the olive oil, the garlic and the coarse salt.
- Pulse through a food processor.
- Add the rest of the olive oil to adjust the consistency.