Chinese 5-Spice Orange Ginger Pork
Recipe for Chinese 5-Spice Orange Ginger Pork
2 tablespoons Chinese 5 spice
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
2 pork tenderloins
2 cups orange juice
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon honey
3 inches of ginger, grated
Vegetable oil for cooking
1 yellow pepper diced
1/2 white onion diced
3 cloves garlic, finely crushed
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix together, Chinese 5-spice, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Rub pork with spice mixture. Let rest for a few hours.
- In a pot add orange juice, hoisin sauce, honey and ginger.
- Bring to a boil. Lower heat and leave uncovered, until reduced to half and thickened.
- Sear pork in vegetable oil, until well browned.
- Brush with glaze and finish in oven, until cooked through
- Let pork cool then slice thinly.
- Heat oil in large pan or wok.
- Add peppers, onions and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes over medium high heat
- Add pork and rest of glaze.
- Garnish with green onions.