Cajun Chicken Stew
Cajun Chicken Stew Recipe
4 chicken legs, cut in half
1 red pepper
1 yellow onion
10 cloves garlic
2 celery ribs
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup okra, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper
1. In a large pan, sear chicken in oil until browned. Remove from pan
2. Sweat peppers, onion, garlic and celery in half the vegetable oil
3. In a small pot heat vegetable oil other half of the vegetable oil. Add flour.
4. Mix until it comes together, creating a brown roux. Add to pan.
5. Add paprika, cayenne pepper, bay leaves and black pepper. Cook another 2 minutes
6. Add chicken, okra, and enough stock to just cover.
7. Summer for about 30 minutes to cook. Season to taste.